Call For Application for IPID (The International Network for Postgraduate Students in the area of ICT4D) travel grants for ICTD’17
IPID has organized an Open Session in the ICTD2017 Conference due to take place in Pakistan. The session, under the theme “Developing Research Capacity in ICTD”, will have two parts.
- The first part is designed and intended to provide useful tips and tools to publish the research papers as academic articles and to communicate key findings to broader audiences.
- The second part will be on achieving research excellence and research funding in ICTD in which invited speakers will share experiences and guide young researchers to possible funding opportunities.
Special support will be given to students who will be selected on the basis of an extended abstract as detailed in the scholarship application requirements section.
Solange Mukamurenzi, IPID Coordinator, Örebro University- Sweden
Prof. Tariq Zaman, Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (HTW) Berlin-Germany & Universiti Malaysia Sarawak-Malaysia
10 October 2017: Abstract Submission deadline (17h00 GMT)
16 October: Notification of Acceptance
Scholarship application requirements
IPID will provide partial travel grants to five students and their selection will be based on:
1) Being a member of IPID (ipid.se)
2) Research topic related to the area of ICTD mainly ICTD in South Asia
3) Those whose papers are accepted for the main conference will notify their interests in participating and in applying for the grant by indicating the title of their work in the conference and the author(s) or those without a paper in the main conference will apply by submitting an extended abstract of your research in progress paper (300-500 words), indicating the research focus, research methods, expected results, and potential implications for theories and practices.
4) The amount of individual scholarship is three thousand Swedish kronor (SEK3000) maximum which can be used for any of the expenses for the Conference.
5) Visit https://goo.gl/forms/jv63HAl69YXbe6UO2 to submit your application.
For any further details, please contact IPID Coordinator, Solange.Mukamurenzi[at]oru.se
Other Sponsorship opportunities
- ICTD2017 may have a small number of travel/registration scholarships available. Priority will be given to first authors of Papers who are students with very limited resources for travel/conferences.
- If you are interested in applying for a scholarship please fill out the form.
- Acceptance notifications for scholarships will be made on a rolling basis.
- If you have any questions, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org